2009年5月22日 星期五

090522 Evaluation on C5

My C5 was evaluated by Justin Wu.
He made suggestions for better time control, clear message, main-purpose and practice more.

Yes, practice more.
I was really glad that he mentioned that to me after the meeting in private.
But to tell the truth, I would be happier if he blasted that out in his evaluation.

It's true that I didn't really practice that much on my C5.
After getting my script done, I had only practiced for 1.5 hours.
Indeed I had to practice more, and I was surely not satisfied with my performance.

To tell the truth, I had no specific purpose or message to deliver on that speech.
Or, maybe I should put it in this way:
My main purpose is to entertain my audience, and that's just what I really wanna do.
I should be myself. Do what I really want to do.

My C5 was an experiment, and the result was exactly what I expected.
I was wondering if I would still get that many praises and encouragements with poor performance.
The answer was yes, and that's not what it should be.
It was good for my self-esteem and proud, but not good for growth and improvement.

I am looking for a place where people will be devil's advocates to my performance.
I don't need that many encouragements.
That's why the time my pen wagging is always the time people talk about suggestions/improvements.
I should practice more, and show genuine improvements.
Am I good now? I might be.
However, if I do not excel myself, then I am nothing but a loser.
Don't be a loser. Haishuo! Outperform myself!

Am I doing something that even surprises myself?
Don't get up to the stage I you find my answers negative.

沒有留言: